It can be extremely frustrating to see hard earned reviews disappear off Google. If this happens, the first thing to check is if your Google my Business profile is still verified.
How to check if you're still verified:
- Log into Google My Business
- Select your company location
- Look for the green verified checkmark
If you are not verified, request verification. This usually takes 2-3 weeks.
Other causes of reviews being removed:
It may be very difficult to find out why they have been removed then. Google regularly filters reviews (like all other review channels). A few of the more common reasons are:
- Reviewer seems to be to closely connected in some way to the company.
- The identical review is left on various review sites
- The review content is deemed by Googles Algorithms to sound artificial
- The review was left from an IP address associated in some way to the company.
- The review content was inappropriate or included links
- The review was written from a physical location out of your service area
- Too many reviews came in at the same time
- For some reason, Google chose not to trust the reviewer, possibly a newer Gmail account
This is by no means a definitive list though. You can definitely reach out to Google on your Google My Business page and see if they will provide any insight into why these were removed. If you see more reviews being removed, try to look for any pattern that may help you pinpoint why it's happening.
We know how frustrating having hard earned reviews removed is, and sadly it will likely become exponentially harder to get reviews to stick in the future as Google and other companies fight fake reviews and devaluate aged reviews.
If you experience reviews being removed and think you know why, please reach out to email@example.com and let us know!